Saturday, June 6, 2009

You better watch out Douggie!!!

The other day I was hanging out at the folk's house and chatting with my dad.  He said he had a story to tell me, and it went a little like this...

Papa Bob - "I was talking to Jacob earlier and telling him about how I became a grandpa.  I told him that I got married and had two babies and now those babies got married and had babies.  Then I asked him if he wanted to get married and become a grandpa some day and he said yes.  Then I asked him who he wanted to marry. Jacob, why don't you tell her what you said."

Jacob - (looking really shy, which is out of the norm) " You Tía Ree"

Tía Ree (Marie) - "Why Jacob, that is really nice of you but by the time you are ready to get married I will be an old lady.  You don't want to marry an old lady, you should find someone younger like you."

Jacob - "No, I wanna marry you."

Well kiddo I am flattered!
Kinda funny how he has no concept that it is illegal to marry your aunt, but I guess that innocence is what makes kids so funny.

P.S. Yes, this is a picture from Jacob's 1st soccer game, no worries, I will post more soon.

4 comments:

Tim and Heather said...

That is too cute. I hope Doug doesn't get too jealous of another man fighting for your attention.

Val said...

So sweet:) Lauren wants to marry me 1/2 the time so at least Jacob has the gender "right". I guess "right" depending on your stance on that:)

Lewko Family Blog said...

Awww... so cute. He just loves you so much.

Unknown said...

Don't worry Doug. I've got your back... at least until Jacob's finally bigger than me. So you're good for a couple years then right? =)