Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wowza... 22 weeks!!!

Another week has passed and our little string bean just doesn't stop growing up.

She has really taken to eating her apples, and we plan to introduce a new food on Friday.
I will share more pictures of eating soon.

She also drinks from a sippy cup!
I know you may think I am rushing things, but I do have logic behind it.  The other day while out at dinner I gave her a drop of water while she was having teething pains.  I gave it to her in my straw and she LOVED it.  I think the icy water helped sooth her gums.
Then while I was at Target I found some playtex sippy cups for ages 4+ months.  So totally legit for little Emma. I thought that if I put cool water in it she would enjoy it.

And of course, mama was right and it was a hit! :)

She started to gnaw on it at first and then gave it one big suck and realized what refreshing goodness this pink and purple cup held and loved it even more.
She even began to hold it on her own.

She may make a mess with it, but it is worth it if she gets a little relief from her gums.  Poor thing has a bad time teething.  This has been going on for a few weeks now and I keep thinking that something should be popping through any day now, but nothing yet.  I do realize that she may teeth for a while before anything cuts through, but I guess for her sake I am hoping that they come through soon.

By the way, daddy picked out her bib, it happens to be his all time favorite.  I do have to say she makes a pretty cute little cow.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Beginning to teeth already!!! As Mom says: Wozza!!! Way to go Emma. Want yo to know Grandma Cherie and I are really looking forward to seeing you in six weeks!! We have missed you a lot!

Sarah said...

I think it is great you are giving Emma the sippy cup. We started giving Ethan the sippy cup with water at 4 months. He loved it! I think it is just something new for them to discover, so fun!
I'm sure you've heard this before but have you tried Hyland's teething tablets for her teeth? Even if she is just drooling it helps with that and will prevent her from getting a rash. I love them because they are all natural so I don't feel like I'm constantly medicating Ethan. I'm sure it doesn't work for all kids but we swear by those tablets. I've been giving them to him since he was 4 months.

The Jacobs' Family said...

Nice work on the early introduction. We have been trying and it is proving to be a battle!