Saturday, June 6, 2009

Temecula Valley Wine & Balloon Festival

Yesterday evening we headed out to the festival at Lake Skinner.
We have attended it several times, but this year was different, we brought our little one along.
Which by the way, is totally acceptable at a wine festival that has concerts, and did I mention...WINE.
No worries, I took one for the team and stayed sober so that one of her parents could still be functioning.  But much to my surprise, Douggie wasn't very drunk at all... wussy! :)


Last night was also Emma's 1st Concert, and I think she kinda likes country music.

We saw Chuck Wicks!!!
I think Dancing with the Stars made me realize how much I like his music.

Such a cute profile!

LOVE them!
We skipped out on James Otto and Lonestar and headed over to do some tasting.

Chuck Wicks, a little wine, kettle corn, some coconut macaroon's to take home, and a little family time, I'd say it was a successful night.

Sorry there aren't any pictures of the hot air balloons, but it started to get a little chilly so we headed out before the balloon glow. :( 

4 comments:

Bob said...

Hey Doug - don't you know you aren't supposed to drink (wine) and drive (baby carriage)? Sounds like fun. Glad you enjoyed. Also, am glad someone else in the family enjoys country music. Yahoo buckeroo!!!

Val said...

Was Julianne there to cheer him on?! Sounds like a perfect night!

Marie said...

Trust me, I looked for Julianne, but I didn't see her.

Sarah said...

Every year we want to go to this and we never seem to get out there. I'm glad you guys had fun. Maybe next year we'll finally go!