Tuesday, December 30, 2008

39 Weeks

Yesterday afternoon we had our 39 week appointment with Dr. Langford.  Nothing new to report, still just 1.5 cm dilated.  I did lose a pound, and one of his staff members said that it is usually a sign that she is coming soon.  I sure hope so, but I am not holding my breath.

I have been getting a little discouraged because I am so so ready. I even stooped to researching how to induce your own labor on the internet, and here is what I have found:
Eating Pineapple - no luck
Taking Red Raspberry Leaf pills - no luck
Eating spicy food - no luck
A glass of red wine - no luck
one other - but no luck there either
Walking my butt off - some luck, but as soon as I stop walking the contractions are gone :(

Here are a few I am not willing to try:
Caster oil - no thanks, diarrhea doesn't sound fun to me
Enema - I think would bring back memories of my Grandma Belem giving me lavados when I had a stomach ache, no thank you!!!
Meditating with Emma - Apparently Emma is feeling unsure of the world outside so if I were to comfort her with meditation it would help her become ready, no thanks.

We discussed induction with Dr. Langford, and we were all for it until we thought about it a little bit longer.  Since it is so close to the end of the year there are several other patients of his that are electing to be induced for tax reasons.  They keep getting bumped because of other women that are going into labor on their own or are having non-elected inductions.  So I think I would be getting even more discouraged having an appointment and getting bumped over and over again.

At this point I am going to pull all of my strength to be patient and just wait for her to come on her own.  We will have our next appointment on Monday so we will see how it goes?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Marie! We had a stubborn girl too... It's so tough!

Anonymous said...

Your belly looks so cute. I can't wait to meet her!

Sarah said...

Don't worry, it will happen soon enough. I was only 1.5 cm when my water broke. So that doesn't mean you aren't progessing. We're praying for you!!!!

Val said...

You and Doug should go do all the fun things you won't be able to do once she gomes, like go to the movies, out to a nice dinner, etc. Enjoy your last week together as just you two!

Suzanne said...

I'm thinking of you Marie.
Doug too. Have a happy New
Year. You are loved.
Aunt Suzie