Monday, July 25, 2011

Today I turned 31!

31 things you may or may not know about me…

1. I still live in the same city I was born in.

2. I am half Mexican which is why I am only half fluent in Spanish.

3. My childhood pet hamster had babies, which was a complete surprise because I thought it was a boy.

4. I am the luckiest sister in the world, Ebit is the kind of sister that everyone should strive to be.

5. I am allergic to chocolate.

6. I love to travel.

7. My parents have been married for 37 wonderful years. Such a great example of lasting love.

8. I have pee’d my pants several times from laughing so hard.

9. My childhood nickname from my cousins and sister was "Smelly." They still call me it to this day.

10. I met Douggie at my cousin’s wedding 8 years ago TODAY!

11. We had a long distance (New Jersey – San Diego) relationship for 1 ½ years before he moved here.

12. I was in the marching band and played the bass drum in middle school. NERD!

13. I still have asphalt in my right knee from when I was 7 years old. I fell and never wanted anyone to clean it because it hurt so bad.

14. I have worked at the same place since I was 17. I have moved up in the ranks, but still the same place.

15. I don’t have a facebook or twitter account.

16. I cry at almost every wedding.

17. I have a weird obsession with popping zits. It really annoys Doug.

18. I am very ticklish.

19. I taught Douggie how to snowboard. That is right, the clumsiest girl in the world can actually sort of snowboard.

20. I have a weakness for Coach purses.

21. I also have a weakness for good girlie alcohol shots. You know those sissy fruity ones… yummy

22. I still cuddle every night with a blanket my grandma made me when I was a kid.

23. I still know all of the words to “Buffalo Stance” by Neneh Cherry. Probably my all time favorite song growing up.

24. I cannot wink.

25. I have some pretty amazing friends, the kind who I can always count on.

26. I often find myself enjoying a glass of wine while watching Intervention or Celebrity Rehab on TV. I only feel a little bit guilty when doing it.

27. I firmly believe in retail therapy.

28. I HATE belly buttons. Not sure why, but they freak me out.

29. When my sister turned 21, so did I. She was kind enough to go to the DMV and get me a copy of her ID.

30. My husband is pretty much perfect. He is the epitome of what an amazing husband should be.

31. I am the luckiest mama in the world! Little Emma Rose makes everyday so wonderful.


Did I leave anything out? Feel free to share.

3 comments:

liz said...

Happy Birthday! Does the ID thing work in reverse? Can I be 31 today too? I really like number 4 on your list, but I think the same thing about you :)

Bob said...

32) Best daughter-in-law in the whole world without a doubt.
33) Best Mom in the whole world doing such a great job helping to bring up Emma.

The Frazier Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a few days late)!!!