Thursday, July 28, 2011

Douggie turned 34 today!

34 things you may or may not know about me…

By guest blogger - Doug

1. I put peanut butter on my waffles

2. I once tried to gain weight by eating steaks for dinner every night for a month, only to gain one pound

3. My brother is my biggest fan and I am so proud of him for all that he has done in life

4. I am the luckiest husband in the world to have such a loving and caring wife

5. I know a lot of Bobs

6. I’m lucky enough to still be close friends with so many people from the 5th grade

7. I am proud to consider myself a nerd

8. I have only lived in states that border the ocean (WA, OR, CA, NJ, and VA)

9. I actually work in the profession that my college degree is in

10. My dad is 1 of 12 children and my mom is 1 of 5. With all of those aunts, uncles, and cousins, I am the tallest in my family (I think I’m tied with Matt)

11. I can recite the entire movie, Super Troopers, and find myself using quotes from the movie, just like meow

12. My nickname in high school was Snoop Doug because of my fondness for rap music and for having one of the loudest car stereos

13. I have been “randomly” screened at the airport over 10 times

14. I have about 350 contacts in my phone but only know about 5 of their phone numbers

15. I never owned a pair of flip flops until I moved to California

16. I can do the wave with my tongue

17. I used to be in a cover band and seldom played songs that I enjoyed…but the free beer was great

18. For the four years living in New Jersey, I attended an average of over one concert every month

19. I prefer to type something than write it down using a pen and paper

20. Marie and I have owned 7 different Honda vehicles

21. I hate moving from place to place

22. I am obsessed with a clean garage and all the toys that are in it

23. I constantly cheer on Washington sport teams even though they continue to let me down

24. I still have a birthday card from my grandma with two pennies taped to it helping me save for a car and a computer

25. I love my wife more and more everyday

26. I am so glad my parents decided not to name me Nathan

27. I suck at snorkeling

28. I didn’t play high school football because it was the same season as golf…and because I was only 145 lbs

29. I get very proud when Emma does something that I know that I taught her

30. One Christmas, Santa forgot all of my presents but they “magically appeared” after I waited up in my room for 10 minutes after everyone else opened all of their gifts

31. I am so lucky to have two loving parents that continue to show me what it takes to have a long lasting marriage

32. I play air guitar to just about every song

33. I have been blessed with the best wife and mother to my daughter that I could ever wish for

34. I never realized how much my parents love me until I had a child of my own

1 comment:

Bob said...

Mom and I don't ever remember forgeting your Christmas presents!!!! What year?