Monday, March 9, 2009

2 month check-up

Today we went to see Dr. McCormick for Emma's 2 month check up.  It was so nice to go to the doctor for more than just a weigh in.

Here are Emma's stats:
Length is 24 inches - 97th percentile
Weight is 10 lbs 6 oz - 50th percentile
Head circumference is 38 cm - 26th percentile

So we have known that Emma is tall, but 97th percentile, crazy!!!
I had been trying to pay attention to other babies heads recently.  I noticed that Emma's seemed smaller, but I hadn't thought too much about it.  Well at least nobody can say she is getting a "big head". She continues to gain weight and Dr. McCormick is happy about that.  She said that she does wish she was a bit chubbier, but otherwise she is perfectly healthy.

Normally we would go back for a 4 month check-up, but because of her past weight gain issues we are going in for a 3 month weight check-in as well.  

Here is Emma after her shots.
Poor thing had to get 5 shots and 1 oral vaccine.  She seems to be handling it well so far.  She stayed with Grandma Rose all day and slept a lot.  Thank you Grandma Rose for taking care of our string bean while mommy and daddy went to work.  Also, thank you for going with me to the appointment!  Douggie was working and I know I couldn't have been there alone for Emma's shots. :(

4 comments:

Bob said...

I prefer to think of Emma as Long Tall Sally... Remeber, she is my La Petit Grenouille deserte: little desert frog. Her ouies look so cute with their band-aids!! Looking forward to seeing you next month. Both Cherie and I can hardly wait. Emma and I will be working on saying Grandpa Bob...

The Jacobs' Family said...

We think Emma is perfect. Getting shots stink. I think it is harder on the mommies than the babies.

Lewko Family Blog said...

I think we go for the 4 month next week. We'll have to compare stats. :-) I always knew Jillian would have some tall friends.

Val said...

Glad to hear the little gal is doing well! Looks like you had a fun time at the desert! I loved the pics of Emma playing on her mat, she's getting so grown up!Miss you guys. Lauren keeps talking about Uncle Douggie and how he has 3 guitars. I think we have a future rock star!