Thursday, July 23, 2009

We are gonna miss her...

... every inch of her, all 28 3/4 of them!

Tomorrow morning Douggie and I leave bright and early to go to Vegas for our 1st weekend, actually 1st night away to be exact. We haven't been away from Emma over night, so this is a big deal. Abuelita Rose & Papa Bob will be taking care of Emma as well as our kitties and house. And then Tía Lizzy & Tío Omar will be taking her for a night. I know that she will be spoiled to death and most importantly given the best care possible, but we are still going to miss her.

We will be celebrating our friend Tyler's 21st bday as well as Douggie's and of course my bday.

I thought of packing her in my carry on, but then I decided I can't be selfish. I think Abuelita and Tía would be very sad if they didn't get to spend the weekend with her.

I love this little picture from last night, she passed out while watching t.v. in daddy's arms, so precious. I love it because of her resting her head on her hand, and her belly hanging out of her jammies and because her little legs are crossed.

And you gotta love her onesie, I know her dada does. I bought this onesie before Emma was born and it finally fits. No worries, Doug loves it, so I didn't offend him.

Guess who can sit up on her own?!
Emma can!!! Well she is still a bit wobbly, but this is pretty darn close. So happy that she pulled this little trick out of her bag before we left.

We will miss you sweetie, and if you are a good girl we will bring you back some cheesy Vegas souvenir.

3 comments:

Val said...

Have fun on your b-day weekend celebration! Emma will have so much fun and so will you guys- but you'll be in a hurry to get home I'm sure! Can't wait to see her next month- this little gal is darling. I love her onsie- so perfect!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! Too cute, sitting up like a big girl, and the onesie is adorable!

Tim and Heather said...

What a big girl! That is too cool that she can sit up. Have fun in Vegas. Have a drink for me ;)