Friday, January 16, 2009

Parent's night out...

Tonight Douggie and I went on our 1st post baby date.  We had a great time at dinner and knew that Emma was in great hands.  Great Grandma Margaret and Grandma Rose watched her for us.  I couldn't think of any better hands to leave her in. 

I treated myself to my 1st glass of wine since Emma and wasn't too impressed, but at least dinner and Doug's company made up for it.

She was pretty easy for them, because she slept the entire time.

When we got back from dinner we hung around for the Grandpas to come back from the airport with uncle Mike.  He is in town from Seattle for a funeral this weekend. I am sure Emma will love her uncle Mike as much as I do.  Just watch out Emma for when he grabs you right above your knee and squeezes.  That always killed me as a kid.

3 comments:

Val said...

Wow- you 2 are impressive, a night out already! Good for you!!! Very jealous my dad is there and I'm not... looks like he thinks Emma is pretty cute:) Glad she was such a good girl for the grandmas.

Unknown said...

Good for you guys! It's so hard to leave! Hopefully you were able to enjoy yourselves!

drjanis said...

Marie! Oh my gosh, she is so precious! Congratulations on your new little one! What a fun time for you and your family! I am so happy for you!!!! :)