Thursday, January 8, 2009

Emma Rose Stephens

I would like to introduce you to our daughter, Emma Rose Stephens.


She was born on Wednesday, January 7th at 11:40pm.
She weighed in at 8 lbs. and 12.4 oz. and was 21 inches long.

You may notice the many wires in her and the strange dome over her head.  Emma accidentally injested some of her meconium (baby's first bowel movement) before she was born and some of it is still in her lungs.  She is recovering in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and shows improvement everytime we visit her.  If all goes well, we should be able to take her home sometime this weekend.

Marie is doing extremely well and is already walking around the hospital without much pain.  We will post more pictures and stories of our wonderful miracle shortly but if I'm going to be the father I need to be, I better get some sleep.

I want to thank all of our friends and family members that helped to make this the most amazing experience of my life.

13 comments:

Val said...

Thank you for posting the 1st picture- I've been dying to see one! She is darling, she looks so sweet and content. She does not look like a newborn at all! I can't wait for more:) Hope you are getting rested up. Congrats and love you guys!

Lewko Family Blog said...

I can't wait to meet Emma. It was so good to see you last night. You two are such strong, loving people. Emma is extremely lucky!

Matt Stephens said...

My youngest son, Kaleb, had also injested some of his meconium. It was pretty scary but all is well now.
She is beautiful. Congratulations to all three of you. :-)

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations you guys! I just can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Marie & Doug-COngratulations! She is such a beautiful little girl! I can't imagine how hard it is to have her in the NICU. She is perfect. From the bottom of my heart, congratulations!
Love, Brianne

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!!
Thank you for letting me be a part of bringing Baby Emma into the world.... Both of you were AMAZING!
I am so happy for and proud of both of you! Welcome Baby Emma!
We love you all,
The Newell's
PS Doug, I never got to tell you how entertaining the waiting room was with mostly your Brother, but Bre and Noel(SP?) too...Funny!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you both! Good luck with everything!!!


kz

Tim and Heather said...

She is absolutely beautiful. You are both going to be amazing parents. I can't wait to meet Emma. It was great to just hang out and talk with you both yesterday. Tim and I are lucky to be friends with such wonderful people.

The Jacobs' Family said...

She is beautiful! Parenthood is the best thing. We are so happy you'll get to experience it too.

Sarah said...

Congratulations mommy & daddy, Emma is beautiful! Emma is one lucky girl to have such wonderful and loving parents.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from all of us here too! Welcome Emma Rose - what a beautiful baby girl you have. Hope she can come home soon.

Love,
Luis, Vreni, Matthew and Lauren

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! Being a parent is truly the most amazing experience of my life and I'm excited for you both to experience it as well. I can't wait to see Emma in person!

Meg said...

So cute, so cute, so cute. Even under her little oxygen hood. You POOR things, glad all is well and it's just a little blip. Hope you gotta a good nights sleep when you left the hospital...because it will be your last:). She's adorable and we can't wait to meet her!