Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am a real Mexican....

Even though I am only half, I still think a few of my relatives would be proud.
Yesterday I was trying to think of a project that I could do to take up most of the day, well I came up with making tamales.
I made the molè and cooked the meat last night.
This morning I started prepping the meat and cleaning the husks at 10:30.

After nearly 2 hours this is how far I got...  I know not impressive, only 3.  But in my defense the prep work took a long time.

After a lunch break I really got my system down and sped things up.
1 batch was all cooked and the next is ready to start cooking.

This is only the 2nd time I have made tamales on my own, and now I know why I don't do it more often. Without help spreading the masa it took me forever, nearly 5 hours to make 4 dozen.  But I got what I wanted, a project that took all day and made the time pass.
We even invited my parents over for dinner to taste them.

3 comments:

Val said...

This must have done the trick since I just got a text saying you are in the hospital! Yahoo!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Yay!!!! I guess you'll know what works for next time :)

Meg said...

YUM! The title of this cracked me up.