Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Doing a little good goes a long way!

So last week I had the pleasure of meeting a group of homeless people.
I was able to take part in an amazingly generous act.
That generous act gave homeless people and those in need clothing, shoes, gift cards and hope.
40 lucky people were even given a place to stay for 12 days.

The one thing that we weren't able to give them was food.
Sure they received some gift cards for some fast food, but those run out.

I decided that I wanted to make dinner and take it over to them.
I decided to invite along my family and boy did they come through!!!

My Mom & Dad provided all of the serving utensils, plates, napkins and forks.
The Cervantes Family provided lots of bottled water.
The Prieto Family provided French Bread.
The Covarrubias Family provided salad and cookies.
And the Stephens Family provided Spaghetti, meatballs and corn.

So we met up at my parent's house and cooked up a warm meal. Then we went to share with the homeless at the motel they were generously put up in.

Some of the family getting ready to serve.

Even little Emma was along for the ride.




And this picture of Jacob was just so cute I had to post it!

Sure I could have gone to serve dinner on my own, but I wanted to make an impact, and I think we did. Everyone kept asking "what organization are you guys with?" We simply responded, " we aren't with an organization, we are just a family who wanted to help."
One man then responded, "Well what an amazing family you have!"
Well mister, I agree!!!

I do have an amazing family! Everyday I am so grateful.
Today I feel as though we were not only able to share a warm meal for those in need, but we were able to share the gift of our family as well. They were hopefully able to see how much love we have that surrounds our family. And I don't think there is any gift more important than the gift of love!

Thank you to everyone who lovingly donated their time and goods.

Wishing you all lots of LOVE this Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Bob said...

What a great Christmas present not only to the families you fed but the families doing the feeding! It realy shows the reason for the season!! Good job all!!!

Val said...

So great of all of you! Wish we were there, we would have joined in for sure. Good job spreading the holiday cheer:)

Lewko Family Blog said...

I forgot to tell you how amazing I think you are to do this. Your original email made me cry. What a wonderful, selfless act and you do have a wonderful family!