Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rest in Peace Rose Mary Stephens


This last week, Emma’s great grandmother, Rose Mary (not to be confused with her abuelita Rose, Marie's mom), passed away. She had been in declining health for some time now but it is never easy to lose someone you love so deeply. I feel so fortunate that Emma was able to meet her in our trip to Seattle last August and you can guarantee that as she grows up, she will hear more and more stories of her.

Mary (as she was most commonly known as) was one of the strongest women that I have ever met. A mother of twelve, yes twelve, children (nine boys and three girls) she constantly had her hands full. She lost her husband at a young age so a lot of the work she did on her own. I never saw her without a smile on her face, no matter what physical or emotional difficulty she was going through and she was always thinking of her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Such a loving and caring woman, she always put her family first, no matter how old they were. She has shown me what it means to love someone unconditionally.

You will always be in our thoughts and prayers grandma and even though I know you are in a better place now, I will always miss you.

I want to give a special thank you to my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Tess for taking exceptional care of her in their home for the last few years. I know that the care she was given kept her with us longer and because of that care my beautiful girl was able to spend time with her. You two truly are angels.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Great job both of you on Mom. I know she sees it where she is at now!! You can tell by the picture of her and Emma that she really enjoyed seeing her!! Thanks again for the visit - Cherie and I had a WONDERFUL time!!!