Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday Night Soccer!

Last night was our pre-season tournament game for our summer soccer season.  Douggie and I joined a Coed B soccer team at my work.  The team consists of bits and pieces of old soccer teams that we played with before.  Now mind you, I have played soccer before, probably for about 7 years off and on.  But I sure don't play well.  I was always considered the 'princess' who just ran around aimlessly on the field.

Well not much has changed, except now a couple of the other team mates coach me along, so I don't look as aimless, but I am still no good.  Our team, 'Esco Reunited' is sure going to be a fun team to play with, we had a great time last night!

Here is Douggie and Barb playing a little defense
.
Here are our tired feet.

You may ask why our feet are so tired after one soccer game, not just because we are out of shape, but because we didn't just play one game.  We won our first game 2 - 1, then played a second one.  My parents took Emma home and I said that we would grab her after the next game. I called my dad after the 2nd game and said 'you're not gonna believe this, but we won again in a shoot out, we have a 3rd game at 7 pm.'  Well we played that 3rd game and even came close to winning that game,  we tied and lost in a shoot out.

This new mom is way too out of shape for this 3 games in one night sh*t!!!
Luckily there is only one pre-season tournament, the rest of the season we will only have one game a week.

Kudos to Heather who is an all star soccer player, and even joined our team just 6 short weeks after having Rachel.

No comments: