Tuesday, February 17, 2009

6 week weigh in

This afternoon we had our weekly weigh in with Dr. McCormick.  Doug was working in Orange County today so my parents joined me.

Good news, our little gal gained 9 1/2 ounces.  She now weighs 9 lbs 15 oz.
Dr. McCormick was very pleased with her weight gain.  Even more good news, is that we don't have to go back next week.  Our next appointment will be for her 2 month check-up.

So Dr. McCormick's findings from last week were right on.  Emma just needs extra calories, because her metabolism is so fast.  We will continue to add the formula powder to my breast milk to help keep her gaining weight.

Doesn't she look so sweet sleeping in her crib?!

She has been such a good girl for us, which makes it easier for me to go back to work.  My 1st day back was yesterday and so far so good.  It is hard to leave Emma, but I couldn't imagine her in any better hands.  She goes to Grandma Rose's and judging by the smiles she has been giving Grandma, I think she likes it there.  Right now I am only working two days a week and I will slowly start working more.

5 comments:

The Jacobs' Family said...

I am so jeolous of Emma's super fast metabolism. She is going to be a lucky girl when she is older. She will be one of those girls who can eat whatever she wants and never gains a pound. We are so glad she is gaining wait now though. Babies should be a little chubby. You can do it Emma!

Val said...

Way to go Emma! And I'm right there with Stef, super jealous of the metabolism, isn't that every girls dream?! I can't believe I get to see her and hold her in 3 days!!! Yahoo!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have to go back to work so soon. I'm sure she'll have tons of fun with grandma though!!! :o) She's a cutie! Susan

Bob said...

Way to go EMMA!!! Both the weight gain and the fast metabolism. I guess she takes after her Mom and Dad!!! It is hard to leave them to go to work but I am ABSOLUTELY sure Grandma Rose is happy. How is Jacob taking the company?

Lewko Family Blog said...

Great job Emma! You need some pudge on those adorable chicken legs. :-)