Tuesday, February 3, 2009

4 week weigh in...

We went to see Dr. McCormick today to have Emma weighed in.  
As we put our little naked gal on the scale I crossed my fingers in hopes of weight gain.
And I got my wish, but only 1 measly ounce!
She now weighs 9 lbs 3 oz.

Her doctor is a bit confused because she should have been gaining much more by this point.  She still isn't too worried because Emma is so active and otherwise healthy.

So we will continue with supplementing with formula and then we also had to take her to the lab to have some tests run. :(
Here is Emma after we got home from the lab.  She cried so hard she was exhausted.  I love her little Daffy Duck band aid.

They drew blood and collected urine by putting a bag on her private parts.  Today was a yucky day, I hate seeing my little girl in pain!!!

Doug thinks that she must just have a great metabolism and the same build as him, long and lean.  We should be hearing back results tomorrow, so we will keep you posted on our little "string bean."

1 comment:

Lewko Family Blog said...

I love how they use kids band aids on babies. Jillian had Taz(manian Devil) band aids when she got her shots.

Emma, stop watching your weight beautiful girl!