Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Babymoon!

This weekend we decided to take ourselves on our very own babymoon. For those of you less "trendy" folks that don't know what a babymooon is, it is a last trip or getaway before the baby is born. We really aren't trendy and it wasn't a real babymoon, but Doug did have a concert to go to at H.O.B. in Downtown Disney, so I joined him and we made a weekend of it. Don't worry I didn't expose Emma to her 1st Buckethead concert, Doug went solo, even though he assures me that Emma would have loved it!
We had a great relaxing weekend...
-Started out on Saturday morning with a trip to Irvine Spectrum for a little shopping.
-Then on to Disneyland Hotel to check-in.
-Lunch at the Rainforest Cafe... yummy!
- A little more shopping in Downtown Disney.
- Then the sweetest wife in the world realized that Doug had been checking his cell all day for the Apple cup (WSU vs. Huskies) scores. It hit me, ESPN Zone is right here, and so we watched the rest of the game. Yay Cougars!
- Then we changed for dinner and ate at the House of Blues, where we were joined by Andy, Doug's brother.
-Then Doug went to the concert and I went back to the room and rested and napped.
-We had a great breakfast before leaving and then made a stop at Babies R Us on the way home.
Here is Doug at the Rainforest Cafe.
Doug at ESPN Zone.

Us in front of the Downtown Disney Tree.

The view from our room of the "Neverland" pool. I was bummed I didn't bring my suit, because the water slide looked fun. I guess it was good for the others that I didn't swim, because who wants to see and 8 1/2 month pregnant woman in a swimsuit?!

Downtown Disney was all decorated and looked so pretty.

Thank you for a great weekend Douggie!




2 comments:

Lewko Family Blog said...

Sounds like a blast. I love Downtown Disney. So much to do in a small space!

Val said...

That does sound like lots of fun! Good call on skipping the show Marie:)