Monday, November 24, 2008

Buckethead!!!

I know that after Marie's description of our great weekend in Anaheim, everyone was eager to see clips from the Buckethead show.  I hope these short videos that I took won't disappoint you.

This song is one of my all time favorite songs of his, "Welcome to Bucketheadland," and you can really see his distinct playing style.  This was the last song of his 2 hour set which had me grinning from ear to ear the entire time.


This song is titled, "Soothsayer," and I've been trying to learn how to play it for some time now.  I've got the basics but there is no way that I'm going to play the solos like he does.  Unfortuantely the security guard told me to stop filming before the song was finished.

I know that this kind of music is not everyone's style but if you ever get the chance to see this guy in concert, I highly recommend it.  If you prefer a slower style, I recommend two of his albums, "Electric Tears" and "Colma."

1 comment:

Val said...

Glad you had fun Doug, still don't think it could have been anywhere NEAR as fun as my Saturday night concert- but whatever:) I'm the crowds were equally odd... in different ways of course! I can't believe you snuck in a video camera- wild!