Thursday, April 12, 2012

I think we are in trouble!

This afternoon Emma was watching Shake It Up at my parent's house.
Rocky and CeCe were helping a little girl get ready for a pageant.
This gave Emma an idea.

On our drive home our conversation went like this...
Emma - Mama, I want to wear a pretty dress, put on make-up, wear a crown an be the winner.
Me - You do?!
Emma -Yes, like on Shake It Up! And then when I win I wave.
Me - Oh Emma, you have to be older to do that.
Emma - No Mama, I can do it now.
Me - Well how about we wait until you are older and when we get home Mama will let you wear her crown and I will make you the winner.
Emma - That is great! And maybe you give me flowers too!

Doug was not thrilled when he heard about our conversation.

I kept my promise and let her try on one of my crowns.
And the pose was all her.

Many years ago I competed in a couple of pageants. Never any toddlers and tiaras stuff, just in my teens and early 20s. I always said if I have a little girl she would never compete in pageants.
Well wouldn't you know it, she is already asking to and she is only 3.

Please don't worry, we will not be entering pageants any time soon.
Maybe when she is 18... maybe!

No comments: