Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just Mama and Emma

Last Thursday and Friday Douggie was traveling for work.
Mama and Emma took advantage of some serious girl time, and we had a blast!

Thursday evening we went shopping, shopping and then some more shopping.
Emma was a dream!!!

Then Friday morning we woke up with a new pet in the house...
a tiny baby lizard.
He was not a welcome new pet, so I gathered all of my courage to catch the guy.
After a few failed attempts, I thought about just leaving it and letting Douggie do it when he got home. Then reality sunk in and I realized that if I did that, who knows where the darn thing would be hours later and where he could be hiding. Thoughts of me sleeping and this darn thing crawling on me made me realize that I HAD to catch it.
I called both my dad and Doug for some moral support.
I think they got some good laughs.

I caught it with a cup, then I slipped a piece of paper under the cup and set him down on the counter so that I could open the door.

When I went to pick him up and throw him out, I didn't hold the cup close enough to the paper and the darn thing escaped on to the counter.

I screamed and screamed and then... BAM, I smacked that cup down on the counter and caught the bugger.

Only problem was... I cut off part of his tail in the process.
DISGUSTING!
Did you know that when you cut off their tail, it still moves on it's own?
Well it does and it freaked me out.

I carefully slipped the paper under him, held it close and then released the thing outside.

Then I throughly sanitized the counter and the floor.
All the while, Emma was content as can be watching Baba (Yo Gabba Gabba) and had no clue what was going on.

While mama gets ready Emma loves to put on a little make-up herself.
Don't worry, she just pretends, I think she actually enjoys unloading my make-up drawer more then playing with the make-up.


Then it was time for walking in mama's shoes, another favorite morning activity.


After all the fun we had at home we headed to the doughnut place for a "bite" as Emma says.

We then went to Abuelita's, mama ran a few errands, we picked up JuJu after school, we picked up Dada, and had dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger.
Such a fun time with my little gal!

1 comment:

Val said...

I would have FREAKED out if that thing was in my house. Good job catching it, even if you did snip it's tail!