Friday, September 17, 2010

JuJu, shopping, a bump on the head, a haircut and urgent care

All of this in one day.

It started out with us watching JuJu and taking him to school in the morning.
Abuelita had a funeral to go to, so Emma and I stepped in to drop him off.


After we dropped him off, Emma fell asleep and we went shopping.
I really love shopping with Emma, but I love it even more when she is napping.

Emma went back to Abuelita's while I finished up a few errands.

I went back to pick her up and my mom told me that Emma had tripped and fell.
She fell backward and hit her head on a book shelf.
My poor mom felt terrible, but of course I knew it wasn't her fault.
Emma is a klutz, just like her Mama.
She ended up getting a big bump on the back of her head.

I had already planned to meet up with Douggie to get Emma's 5th haircut.
Since Emma seemed to be feeling ok, we went ahead and got it cut.
This time we went to Douggie's favorite lady, and she did a great job.


Then we started to notice that Emma was getting really sleepy.
We weren't sure if it was the bump or just because she didn't nap very long earlier???
We called the nurse line and they suggested that we bring Emma in right away.
They said that we shouldn't take any chances and we should get her checked out just for piece of mind.

She was asleep the entire time we waited.
And she wasn't a happy camper when we woke her up to be weighed in.

We did make sure that it was ok for her to fall asleep, just in case you were worried.

After a bit, Emma perked up and was more like her self.
I think we washed her pa (paci) about 10 times. Not sure why, but she loves doing this.

They did lots of little tests (watching her walk, moving her neck, checking for bleeding in her ears and so on).

They told us that Emma looked great and just has a mild hematoma.
They said that we should keep a close eye on her for the next few days.
We were also told that we need to wake her throughout the night to check on her. We are not looking forward to this. :(

We are thrilled to hear that all Emma has is a bad little bump.
I guess the nurse was right and it did give us piece of mind bringing her in.

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh man, poor Emma and poor mommy & daddy and grandma! Glad you got her checked out and glad she is okay. Good luck with the night wakings- I wouldn't be looking forward to that either!