Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A new do, and a potty too!

This afternoon I took Emma to get her 3rd haircut.
I just wanted her bangs trimmed a bit, so instead of heading to her usual place, we stopped at a place on the way home from Papa and Abuelita's.

Look how long her bangs were!

But not anymore...
I guess when I said "A tiny bit above the brows," means a lot above the brows to the stylist.
I am having a really hard time looking at her without laughing. But if anyone can look cute with super short bangs, it is Emma.

She does kind of reminds me of someone else


After the hair cut we headed over to Babies R Us to buy a little inspiration for Emma.
Ta da! Her very own potty.
I decided today was a good day to introduce the potty for two reasons:
1. I decided to take Emma in the shower with me this morning. I got her undressed and then got myself undressed. While doing so I hear "Pee pee." I grabbed my jammies and Emma's jammies, and saved our new carpet by throwing them under her. Yikes that was close.
2. We finished our shower, and Emma was playing a little longer while I was drying off. I heard the familiar word once again, "Pee pee." And sure enough I look over and then she started to go pee pee. At least this time she was in the shower so I just rinsed her off afterward.

We thought that we would give it a go.
We weren't expecting anything, but we thought we could just introduce it so that she would become familiar with it.

Look at how proud she is of her self!

And here is why
After sitting for just 10-15 seconds, she went pee pee in her big girl potty!!!

We aren't planning on doing the hard core potty training right now, but we are on our way.
We are so proud of our big girl Emma!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's the way to do it! We started having Ethan sit on the potty right before bath time every night. We didn't force him to go potty, just sit for a few seconds so he got used to the idea. Go Emma! BTW - Ethan's 1st haircut looked much like the picture you posted. :)

Val said...

Wow! Way to go Emma, that is impressive. And she does look super cute with her new do, even if it does resemble Jim Carrey:)

The Jacobs' Family said...

What does this girl drink? It sounds like she is quite the pee pee monster. Good luck with the potty training. I am so not ready for that adventure with Taylor!

Anonymous said...

lift the dress poppet show somepussy