Thursday, May 20, 2010

Palm Springs

We have been away from blogging for a bit, but I promise this post will make up for the absence... get ready for a ton of pictures!
We had such a jam packed trip, I didn't want to leave anything out.

We were even lucky enough to have Papa Bob, Abuelita Rose and JuJu (Jacob) join us for a bit of the trip.

We went to this place for dinner, and my folks were kind enough to watch Emma so just Douggie and I went.
For those of you who may not recognize this place, it is also known as the Hotel that Jesse's father owned in Saved by the Bell. And trust me I had a few SBTB quotes up my sleeve for the occasion.

Took a boat ride and saw

Then ate yummy food here .
I have eaten there one other time, but I was preggo with Emma and didn't get to enjoy one of these.

Douggie was a champ and caught a shrimp from 30 feet away.

We swam lots and lots.

Cuddled with Papa Bob.

Had messy messy push-ups and LOVED them!

Went to the Crab Pot and had a yummy feast.

Bath time with JuJu



Ate at Babe's, and boy was that yummy!

Emma loved it so much that she didn't want to give up her spoon, she sucked every last bit of flavor off of it.

Douggie BBQ'd up some steaks for us.
We met a nice neighbor named Nelson, who gave us some of his homemade BBQ sauce and it was so good.

Walked around downtown.

And had some Margaritas and Mexican food at Las Casuelas.


We went to the Children's Museum...

where we grocery shopped and...

rode motorcycles.

Took walks on the golf course.

Rode the aerial tram.

But didn't go any further than the observation deck, because the pathway looked like this .
Something about the steep rocky paths told us that it wouldn't have been a good place to go walking with a 16 month old.

Took Emma for a ride on the boats at the Desert Springs Marriot.

Fell and skinned her knee.

It is amazing how fast you can feel better with a change of clothes, a band aid and some juice.

Emma learned a new word on our trip... Car.
And she said it over and over while at Ruby's.

I don't think we could have packed anything else in to our little trip.

Sorry for the delay in posting this, I have been trying to get back in the swing of things around here.

4 comments:

Val said...

Wow! I'm tired just look at these pics, but it looks like SO MUCH FUN! Maybe next year we can plan our trips at the same time (we are planning on going back) and all hang out! Love Emma saying "car". She and Ben should chat, it's his favorite word too.

RoseMary and Bob said...

Did you eat some dessert when you went to the desert????

Marie said...

My goodness Liz (Bob), I can always count on you to catch my typos. I changed it just for you.

Lewko Family Blog said...

I want to be you Marie. Is that weird? :-)