Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Eve

We spent all afternoon of New Year's Eve at my cousin Richard and Connie's home.
We decided to make tamales, and it became an all day affair.
We started at noon and we didn't finish until about 7 pm.

The tamale crew.
Connie invited some of their friends over to help. They were so excited to learn how to make them. And they kept saying "I had no idea how much work was involved!"

I was pretty excited because I graduated to putting in the meat in the assembly line, which is a huge step up from spreading the masa.
It was kinda funny because Ebit and Cris were asking me questions to make sure they were doing it right. I felt pretty proud, because I have come a long way from them telling me I was doing it wrong when we were kids. They said it is just because I actually make tamales on my own and they don't. Well get to it ladies!!!

Ricardo and Daylon

Emma blowing kisses.

The guys played some wii


Emma tried to as well.

Daylon and Uncle Robert, (his great grandpa)
This kid cracks me up! He has the best facial expressions and the cutest little face.

After the tamale craziness, we played some 80's Scene It.
I thought it would be easy because I love the 80's, but it was actually kind of challenging.
So much fun!!!


Maybe a little too much fun for some people...
Rob and Zeke passed out before midnight.


So did Jacob.

But not Emma, she took a little cat nap until 10 or so, but then didn't want to miss out on her 1st New Year's celebration.

Thank you all for such a fun New Year's Eve!

No comments: