Friday, November 27, 2009

So Thankful!!!


This year there is so much to be thankful for! We have been graced with good health and family and friends that are so special to us.

Most importantly I am thankful for this little turkey!!!
Emma celebrated her 1st Thanksgiving this year, and it was pretty wonderful.

We had all of my mom's family get together at my cousin Richard's house.
It was an amazing spread with so many old favorites and a couple of fun new recipes.




Emma showed off her walking skills, and her cute tights and dress.
I saw this dress last year while I was still preggo and I knew that Emma had to have it for her 1st Thanksgiving. I think I made a good choice, she looked pretty edible!

She looked adorable in her tights. They have a little bear on her bottom, so cute!

After dinner we played Scene it, the movie edition. We all had such a great time.

Douggie was in charge of keeping the crowd in order, he was the the official rule enforcer. Lucky for me he was on my team.

We nick named the winning team the "Dream Team," they pulled out answers that I had never even heard of, crazy good.

We all had so much fun! We even ignored Emma's bed time and stayed until 9 pm, a whole hour and a half past her bed time. She was a champ and was so well behaved, then crashed hard when we got home.


My cousin Richard said the blessing and I loved it! We all had a chance to go around and name what we were thankful for. Everyone had the same answer with slight variations, we were all thankful for family. What a great family we have and we were so lucky to spend our holiday with everyone.

We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

It will be one that Emma may not remember, but I will never forget how special her very 1st Thanksgiving was!

1 comment:

The Jacobs' Family said...

Looks like you had a great holiday with lots of family! Love Emma's GAP dress. Taylor wore the same one last year for Thanksgiving. It is the perfect fall dress. I guess great minds think alike.