Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pre-School!

Our little girl is not so little anymore.
Today was her very first day of pre-school.
The rest of the class started about a month ago, but Emma was on the waiting list and a spot just opened up for her.

She looks absolutely adorable in her uniform!
Something about her in her preppy little jumper... it is so precious.

I drove Emma to school today and she couldn't stop telling me about all of the fun things she wanted to do at school.

When we walked in the classroom we put her stuff away in her cubbie and went straight for the potty. After she washed her hands she ran off and went to play with the kids.
No hug, no goodbye, no kiss.

I was already getting misty eyed so I knew it was best that Emma was ready to be independent and excited for school.
After I chased her down for a hug and a kiss, I said goodbye and I was off but she could have cared less.


After school I asked her to tell me all about her day...
these are all of the highlights.

Emma is so excited to go to school where Abuelita also went to school.

When Abuelita and I went to pick her up, Emma came running with excitement.
She gave me a huge hug, a kiss and said the sweetest thing.
"Mama you came back. I lost you and I cried."
Turns out she did cry this morning when she was transitioning from one activity to the next. She realized I wasn't there and got sad, but her teacher says she cheered up quickly.

Douggie and I couldn't be more proud of our big girl!
We know she is going to have such a great time, meet new friends and learn so many new things.

2 comments:

Tim and Heather said...

What a big girl! They are growing up so fast. I love that she said "Mama you came back. I lost you and I cried." I can totally picture it. She obviously had no idea that you left because she was too busy having a good time, which is a good thing.

Val said...

Oh she could get any cuter if she tried! Her little outfit is to die for. What kind of fancy preschool has uniforms? Fancy Emma! She looks thrilled to be there, she will be the best student ever- and the cutest:) Can't wait to see her in just a few weeks. Wish her mom and dad were coming too!!!