Saturday, May 17, 2014

What a week!

It was a crazy week around here.

Monday we had dinner at my parents' home with GG Bob, GG Margaret, Uncle Ron, Aunt Tracy, Claire, Ebit and Jacob.
Poor Emma had an upset stomach so Doug stayed home with her.

Tuesday we had my department's annual golf tournament.
I worked a crazy long day and it was crazy hot.
A fire also started in nearby 4S Ranch.

Wednesday GG Bob, GG Margaret, and my parents came over for dinner.
We had a great time with them!
 Unfortunately there was another fire nearby in San Marcos.
This one was much closer and we watched it from our backyard.
It got worse as the evening went on.



Thursday school was cancelled.
When I told Emma she asked, "but when will I get to see my boyfriend again?"

Doug went to work in Orange County and I went in to work as well.
The park I work in was taken over as a staging area for Cal Fire, which made for an interesting morning.
I got a call from my mom and we received notice from the Sheriff's Department that we needed to evacuate.
The fire in San Marcos was terrible and grew quickly because of the high winds and the 100+ degree temperatures.
I raced home and my mom took the girls to her home.
I packed up and called Doug.
He raced home from Orange County.
I was called in to work the evacuation shelter. One of the "perks" of working for the City.
Doug joined everyone else at my parents' home.
Thankfully we were able to return home that night and we were safe.


Friday things settled down with the fires and the temperatures and wind also died down.
I was able to enjoy a fun day with my ladies.


We are so happy that the fires are all near fully contained.
At one point during the week, there were 9 fires burning in San Diego County.
We are also so thankful for all of the fire fighters and law enforcement.

No comments: