Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hung by the chimney with care.

Our stockings are hung and they look perfect.

Stockings have been a touchy subject around our house this year.
When I was pregnant with Emma I found a beautiful stocking. Since I knew we were having a girl it was perfect. I have always loved her stocking.
Now that we have Elle I wanted to match or compliment Emma's stocking.
I bought a plain red stocking and lots of ribbon and fabric in hopes of making it perfect.
In my head it was just never going to be perfect. The red wasn't the same, the material wasn't the same, nothing was the same.
Then I got the brilliant idea to look on ebay. Weird because I have never shopped on ebay, nothing against it just haven't.
Wouldn't you know it... the 6th picture down after searching "ribbon Christmas stocking" and I found the EXACT stocking. The same exact one I bought at Target 4 years ago and it even came with the matching horizontal ribbon striped stocking. After screaming with excitement I showed Douggie and he said "let's get it!"
We did, it was delivered and now has been embroidered. It is just PERFECT!
I am happy to say that there is no more stocking stress around our house and I don't think Douggie could be any happier. Well maybe I am just a little bit happier because everything is just the way I pictured it in my head.

No comments: