Wednesday, August 12, 2009

31 Weeks... and all grown up!

What a big week around here...

Emma is now in her big girl car seat.
Don't worry she is still rear facing, I just want to make sure you all knew we are still being safe.

And so far I love them, she slept so well in it today.
Most kids can stay in their infant seat until they are about a year, but not our giant!!! At 7 months, she is right at the 30 inch max, so it was time to upgrade. This seat goes up to 59 inches, so we figure at the rate she is growing, we've got another 6 months left in this seat, haha. :)

Thank you Kevin for sharing your car seat wisdom with Doug!
A few years back while visiting my cousin Val and her family, Doug caught a glimpse of Lauren's super cool car seat. It was a Recaro, and to those of you that don't know about them, Recaro also makes race car seats. Doug said to me, "when we have a kid, they are going to have one of those."

So apparently Emma is cooler than she even knows, because she now has a super cool car seat too!

She has also become quite the crawler!!!
She still falls over often, but she gets right back up and tries again.
This little kid is persistent!

Here is a little clip of her in action.
We discovered that she loves wrapping paper rolls, so we tried to get her to crawl by showing her wrapping paper, and it worked. Awww, she is girl after my own heart, I too love wrapping paper!

Yay for 31 weeks!

4 comments:

Val said...

What a big girl! I think our families should get some kick backs from Recaro- a group discount maybe since you, us, and Stef all own and handful (we personally have 4!). Love the little crawler- so cute. I just bought that same wrapping paper too so I'll get it out to motivate her to crawl up here as well:) Can't wait to see you!

Val said...

I meant "a" handful, not "and" handful! Oops.

Bob said...

Val - I make typos all the time. I am actually getting fairly good at reading them without noticing!!

Emma - you dear little lady. Growing up so FAST!!! Grandma and I can hardly wait to see you in a little over a week!!! Love you all.

Tim and Heather said...

I knew she would be crawling soon. She was so close last weekend. That video is too cute!