Thursday, July 25, 2013

10


10 years ago today I turned 23.

10 years ago today my cousin Val married a wonderful man named Kevin.

10 years ago today, at their wedding I met a wonderful man named Doug.


I thank Val and Kevin for having a really fun wedding.

I thank Doug for not bringing a date to the wedding like he was planning to do.

I thank the bartender for serving me Chardonnay because it gave me the courage to introduce myself to Doug.

I thank my Uncle Mike for assuring my dad that his daughter was walking off with a really good guy.

I have thanked God every day since for blessing me with such an amazing man like Doug.

Today instead of celebrating me turning 33, I am celebrating the 10th Wedding Anniversary of Val and Kevin and the 10th Anniversary of meeting Doug. What an amazing 10 years it has been since Doug entered my life.

1 comment:

Val said...

Awe, this is really sweet. So glad the 25th has turned out to be such a special day for all of us!!