Sunday, August 15, 2010

A few projects at home.

We have been doing a few improvements/projects around the house.

Carpet
A few months back, we finally finished putting in the new carpet in our room and the guest room.

Our room - before:

Our room - after:

Guest room - before:

Guest room - after:
I am so happy that we have new carpet in all of our rooms.
It looks great, and feels great to walk on.


Rocking chair
We never had a real rocking chair in Emma's room.
I always wanted one, but we just settled for the chair that we already had in her room when it was the office.
I found a great second hand rocking chair, and I painted it to match her black furniture.

Before - old mis matched chair:

After - new rocking chair:
This chair looks so much better, and I am so happy that I finally have a real rocking chair in here.

Backyard Table
We have been doing some little additions to the backyard.
We are hoping to making it more of an everyday space.
I wanted a fun and different table to put between some new chairs.

I scouted out some thrift stores and found this fun gem...
I loved the look of it, but it needed a little makeover.

After:
I love the shade of red that we found.


In the works
I also wanted storage for the outside toys.
Being the picky person that I am, I wanted something different.
More like a piece of furniture, and far from a plastic bin.

We hit up a few more thrift stores and found this fun piece...
It is the perfect height, perfectly easy for Emma to open and close the doors, and has a fun look to it.

I can't wait to show it off when it is red like the table.

I have never been much of a thrift store person. Nothing personal, just never really shopped there. For finding different and fun pieces of furniture, they are the perfect place.
As long as you don't mind putting in a little extra work to paint and make it perfect for you.

1 comment:

The Frazier Family said...

SO fun! I love all that old stuff and it looks great painted red!